Fairtrade Africa Terms & Conditions
Fairtrade Africa, BMZ and GIZ have launched the Recover Africa Youth Competition which is designed to address issues that youth identify within their communities brought about by COVID-19 regardless of diversity, passion and interests. Rooted in creativity and innovation, the competition allows youth to tell us their COVID-19 experience by submitting works of art and ideas that will guide the communities of the youth into greater futuristic sustainability. Winners of the competition will be awarded 500 Euros each and project mentorship to help their communities build back better.
- 1.1. “Competition” means The Recover Africa Youth Competition, as described on the Competition Website [https://fairtraderecover.africa] ;
- 1.2. “Organizer” means Fairtrade Africa, a global member in the wider International Fairtrade Movement that represents certified Fairtrade producers in Africa and the Middle East, hereinafter referred to as “FTA”;
- 1.3. “Competition Period” means the weeks for application after the official launch of the competition as announced on the competition website.
- 1.4. “Entrant” or “You” means any person who meets the eligibility criteria and submits an Entry into the Competition within the Competition Period;
- 1.5. “Entry” means a submitted application complete with a 3 minute YouTube video detailing the applicants COVID-19 experience and other accompanying material uploaded onto the web portal on the Competition Website during the Competition Period;
- 1.6. “Grand Prize” means the ultimate prize to be awarded to the best six (6) Entrants i.e. 500 Euros and project mentorship.
- 2.1. You must comply with the following requirements in order to be eligible to enter the Competition.
- 2.1.1. You must be between 18 years and 35 years old for the duration of the competition;
- 2.1.2. You must have been living in any African country for the major period of the pandemic by the time of the competition
- 2.1.3. You must not be closely affiliated as either as a director, member, partner, employee, franchisee, agent of, or a consultant to the organizer, nor an immediate family member of the above.
- 2.1.4. You must submit your entry through the competition website no later than the stated deadline on the competition website. All Entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
- 2.1.5. Your Entry must be in English, French or Arabic in YouTube video format and accompanied by the Application Form. All compulsory sections of the Application Form must be completed. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the Entry.
- 2.1.6. You can only submit one Entry.
- 2.1.7. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant if an Entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
How to Enter
- 3.1. Enter the Competition online by creating an account and filling in the application form on the Competition Website
- 3.2. The Organizer will not accept:
- 3.2.1. Responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- 3.2.2. Transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
The Selection Process
- 4.1. A judging panel (the “judges”) will judge the Entries. Information regarding the judging criteria is set out on the Competition Website. All submissions to the Panel will be anonymized.
- 4.2. The Panel will select the best twenty (20) Entries from those submitted. The Organizer will then publish the best twenty (20) Entries on social media and invite the public to vote for the best Entries among those published.
- 4.3. The results of the public vote will be used to select the best three (3) Entries.
- 4.4. The best six (6) Entrants i.e. Male & Female in each category will be awarded the Prizes as stated on the website.
- 4.5. Winners of the Prizes will be contacted a maximum of three (3) times. If the Organizer is unable to contact a Winner within five (5) business days after the Announcement Date, the Prize to that Winner will be withdrawn and the next best Entry will be selected for the Prize.
- 4.6. The award of all Prizes will be subject to the authentication of the identity of the Winner through presentation of African identity information. The Organization does not accept any responsibility if You are unable to take up the Prize.
Limitation of liability
- 5.1. The Organizer shall not be liable to any Entrant, their legal representatives or any third party for any losses, damages, costs, claims, injuries or death in connection with their entry into the Competition, which includes, without limitation, the selection of the winners, the terms and conditions set out in these Rules, the Prizes or use of any Prize (except for harm or loss that is caused directly by the gross negligence of the Organizer, its agents).
- 5.1.1. This means that You will be entering the Competition at Your own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible to You, or any other third party, for any harm You, or a third party, may suffer as a result of entering the Competition.
- 5.1.2. If You or any third party sustains any loss, injury or death in connection with entry into the Competition, the selection of Winners, any of the Prizes or making use of any of the Prizes, You or that third party will not be able to sue, or make any other claim against, the Organizer or any of their directors, employees or any agents.
- 5.1.3. If any third party suffers harm because of Your participation in the Competition, You may be responsible to the third party and not the Organizer.
- 5.2. In the event of force majeure or any unavoidable valid reason, the Organizer reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Competition through written communication to applicants.
- 5.3. The Organizer may amend these Rules at any time before or during the Competition Period and will put a notification of the amendment on the Competition Website. The Organizer shall not incur any liability in this regard.
Ownership of Entries and Intellectual Property Rights
- 6.1. All Entries submitted to the Organizer will become the property of the Organizer on receipt and will not be returned.
- 6.2. By submitting Your Entry, You agree to:
- 6.2.1. Assign to the Organizer all Your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee for the period of the competition; and
- 6.2.2. Waive all moral rights; in and to Your Entry and otherwise arising in connection with Your Entry to which You may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Berne Convention and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- 6.3. You agree that the Organizer may, but is not required to, make Your Entry available on the Competition Website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition.
- 6.4. You agree to grant the Organizer a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Entry.
- 7.1. The Organizer will collect, process, transfer and keep certain information about the Entrants and Winners for the purposes of the Competition and also to comply with any local legislation. This information may include but may not be limited to Your name, age, identity number, contact details and other information obtained as a result of Your entry in the Competition (“Personal Information”).
- 7.2. All Personal Information, will be:
- 7.2.2. Transferred to the Organizer and the Organizer’s agents for the purposes of the Competition in order to confirm that You satisfy the requirements of these Rules; and,
- 7.2.3. Used in any reasonable publicity required by the Organizer in connection with the Competition and thereafter.
- 7.3. By entering the Competition, You consent to Your Personal Information being transferred to the Organizer’s database.
- 7.4. The Organizer shall keep Your Personal Information secure and store it in accordance with all applicable laws and will not transfer such information to any third parties other than as permitted by law.
- 7.5. In case You wish to remove or update the Personal Information provided, You may do so by following the “Stop receiving these promotional emails or “opt out” option on the bottom of the viral confirmation of entry email, SMS or go to the Competition Website.
- 7.6. Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that Your Personal Information is treated securely and is safeguarded against any loss, damage, destruction or unauthorized access.
- 7.7. By entering the Competition, You consent to the Organizer using Your Personal Information in the manner set out in this clause 9.
- 8.1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Rules by You, the Organizer may, at its sole discretion, exclude You from participating in the Competition.
- 8.2. By participating in the Competition, You consent to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.